Diary / Justbobbi / Sep 26, 2022
WFH Recipe: 60-Second Plant Based Milk
Written by: Carla Contreras
Don’t have plant based milk on hand? Still want to add richness and creaminess to your smoothie? This recipe takes 60-seconds in a high-speed blender. You can use any seed or nut butter you have on hand. It’s best used within a day or two, and always shake or stir before using.
*Makes about 1 cup *
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1-2 tbsp. nut or seed butter, like almond, cashew, or tahini
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup for sweetness, optional
- 1/16 tsp. sea salt (the tiniest pinch)
- Add the water, nut or seed butter, maple syrup, and sea salt to the blender. This will depend on your taste. Try 1 tbsp. first and see how you like it. Add more nut or seed butter for thickness and a more pronounced flavor.
- Blend on low for 30-seconds and then on high for 30-seconds. Use in your smoothie or a latte.
- Store in the fridge 1-2 days. Shake before using.
Chef Carla Contreras is the founder of the online cooking school Cook+Chop. She competed on season 12 of Chopped! on Food Network. She is Nutritious Life Certified, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a food stylist, and photographer with a stacked culinary resume.